Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pretty Pooch

It was a very busy weekend for me, Saturday and Sunday were mostly consumed with painted my soon to be Rug Hooking Studio, I would say about half of the area is painted now and the fireplace is partly done also. I didn't think the drywall guy would ever finish he would come to the house for a few hours once a week, weeks went by and then months. But all's well that ends well.

Thought I'd share a pretty pooch pattern on this Sunday night, the small photo in the left had corner is all that Nancy had to go by. She photocopied the photo to get the shading details which is a common practice. As you can see from the photo he is hooked with many shades of black and grey.


The last photo is the finished product.





5 comments:

  1. I haven't hooked likenesses of my dogs yet as it looks difficult. She did a darn nice job of hooking hers! Nice job on the eyes and collar. Maybe I shouldn't be such a chicken and try it!! LOL Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks Cathy, I'm not brave enough to try it yet. Nancy did take a course from Elizabeth Black from the USA a few years back and from there has progress.

    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. And she hooks so quickly, but the finished product looks like it took months. She is amazing. Can't wait to see the basement again.

    ReplyDelete