Saturday, March 20, 2010

Monochromatic Design with a Green Twist


This is an interesting piece my mother did, she took a class from Barbara Leduc, Teacher RHGNS at Joyce LeMoine's home here locally.

I had never heard about Monochromatic Designs till this point, to me personally the idea sounded a bit intimidating as I'm not a highly skilled hooker myself.

Mom decided to use all the multiple shades of green for Santa and his bag of toys and 3 toned natural , white and celery colors for the snowy background. Using the different shades in the background other than green is not an exactly a true monochromatic but I think this projects a nice effect.

1 comment:

  1. This rug is gorgeous. And I have seen it in person and the picture doesn't do it justice. The different shades of green blend so well. Nancy did a fabulous job. The unexpected use of green for a Santa also makes it special.
    A very challenging project.

    ReplyDelete