Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween from MOMZ WOOL

Happy Halloween Everyone!


This is an oldie from my attic, I hooked this one about 8 years ago or more I'm not sure if it was the first or second rug I hooked. One thing about seasonal rugs is putting them away and next year you open the Halloween decoration boxes and there is your rug to re-enjoy again.

The pattern comes from one of those childlike stickers that people put on their windows and it reminded me of my beautiful cat I owned at that time; Middie for Midnight.

I remember it being the first time I hooked with swatches my Mother cut all the wool for me putting in separate lunch bags. I can still hear her saying "don't mix up those bags!"

Middie is long gone but I still enjoy looking at this pattern and thinking about the time I shared with her.

P.S. I really can do traditional rug hooking see.......

3 comments:

  1. Corrine,
    The memories are so neat that you have with this rug. It is a cutie! It almost makes me want to try traditional rug hooking! Happy Halloween to you! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can hear your mother saying that! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have Middie now but I have Libby. Libby was a Devil last night on Halloween she was so cute and knew that she looked the part.

    ReplyDelete